His tattoo translates to ‘faggot’. WHY
Because i am one.
“Let me give you some advice, bastard: Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you.”
-George R.R Martin.
A compilation of French artist Hubert de Lartigue’s stunning hyperrealistic lip paintings, all acrylic on canvas.
“The beauty of women and girls inspire me, I always do my best on each work. I try to be real. My style is the difference between the reality and my skills”
“A lot of people just look and see skin color. I’ve actually had people ask me was I Black or was I White first. A White gentleman came up to me and said ‘I thought you might be White, but then I saw your lips.’ One girl said to me ‘I’ve been wanting to ask you this question, but I didn’t feel comfortable asking you because I thought that you might be offended, but are you Black or are you White?’ And I was just like, ‘Well, I’m always Black.’ When we were done with the meat of the conversation, she laughed and said something about my hair and my butt gave it away. People definitely let you know that they view being Black as being very literal – the amount of pigment you have. ‘Your skin is White, therefore you’re White. Or are you?’
— Sembene McFarland
© 2012 Black Fiya Works
Imagine having braces during the apocalypse. no one can take your braces off. And you just have to accept that you’ll have braces forever.
i want a novel focused around a character with braces during the apocalypse and the entire plot of the story revolves around their search for an orthodontist who is still alive and they sort of accidentally save the world in the process
Titled: Brace for It.
so you’re telling me there’s an alien who regenerates into a completely random form, that he cannot control or determine himself, and who understandably could take millions of different appearances, but who all 13 times just turned into a different skinny white guy
Asked by stupidhuman-shitforbrains
- it is hurting someone
- your child, specifically, who should not be hurt by you of all people
- it doesnt work in the long term
- it develops trust issues
- it is reliant on fear, and teaches them to be afraid instead of actually learning what they did and how to self-discipline (i.e., “mommy spanked me when i tried crossing the road by myself, so i shouldn’t do it in front of her so i don’t get spanked” instead of “mommy told me i could get hurt if i cross the road by myself, so i won’t do it”)
- it asserts the ideology of stronger = right, and that because someone hurts you they are correct
- it shows that violence solves issues, which causes your child not only to normalize violence, but to partake in it
- it disregards bodily autonomy (as in people not touching you without your consent)
- it hurts their self-esteem, as well as affects their mental health, and their intelligence
- it becomes a gateway to harsher abuse due to desensitization
- it creates detachment of the parent/child bond
- it normalizes degrading and harmful behavior on the parent’s end
- it continues on the cycle of abuse
- it’s just overall shitty don’t hit someone, especially not someone who is smaller than you, defenseless, and VERY easily affected by it ok just don’t